Nazarene Amictus is an unconventional luxury clothing brand for both man and woman, created by His Royal Highness Prince Iheanyi Njemanze of the Njemanze Royal Dynasty of the Eastern region in Nigeria. Nazarene Amictus clothing is influenced by clothing in Ancient Rome from early century BC. Our Collections are created around significant events of early years of Christendom which shaped our way of life and spiritual truth during the ancient Roman rule; thus presenting itself as an ancient and modern realism based on ancient theme, innovation and biblical relevance.
Nazarene Amictus philosophy is built on clothing in Ancient Rome and the handmade technologies available that these peoples mastered which led to the development of attire and fashion of many cultures. It is also built on the arts and craft philosophy in terms of design and style, which is likened to the story of the potter and the clay (JEREMIAH 18).
In similar fashion, our philosophy is inspired by the same philosophy or technique as that of the potter and the clay but with fabrics. The Nazarene style of clothing is powered by organic textiles such as sackcloth, linen, silk, velvet, wool, animal skin, leather, natural flax, amongst other choice textiles.– NAZARENE AMICTUS
The Nazarene logo is synonymous with the ancient Roman Helmet” which represents the period in time or fashion era and the crucifixion nails that is captured in the alphabet “N” in Nazarene; thus reminding us of ancient Rome’s cruelty. Nazarene Amictus is trendy, smart, unique in style, exclusive and most of all exhumes a powerful aura when worn.
• To exemplify the application of common sense in creating garments of extreme simplicity, put together by the ingenuity behind tailoring.
• To re-create characters of the ancient times with the exquisite look by combining raw skills of assemblage.
– NAZARENE AMICTUS
”The power of Nazarene Amictus is non-secular; offering in general clothes of limited productions that is never to be re-created or its fabric reused in later times. Nazarene garments are tailored properly for a select few and hand knitted or seamed to create jagged edges or a friction effect around the neck and sleeves thus producing a likewise ancient clothing of early century BC. Our clothing style is extended to all classes of people but limited to those who are bold and fearless and to those that seek fashion exclusivity.”
KREEPtalks with Prince Iheanyi Njemanze
How did your passion for design start and how your creative process work?
– Passion for design started from my dissatisfaction in conventional architecture, construction, fabrication, assemblage and productions. My creative process is tied to inspirations from my environment, people and things of the old.
How fashion nowadays helps and motivate you to become a fashion designer?
– It actually helps and motivates me tremendously to explore options I’d never have contemplated attempting.
Can you tell us a little bit about your references for the last collection?
– References for the last collection came from the teaching inspirations of the 8 beatitudes in the Book of Mathew.
Do you see yourself as an example for the new generation in fashion industry?
– Very well YES!
How fashion competitions can change the business industry?
– By adequate financing and incentivizing.
Will you apply at some in the future?
How do you want people to feel when they wear your clothes?
– Free, bold and covered.
What do you think it’s your best-selling piece from your last collection?
What do you think about the opportunity of selling your products on online platforms, you think it might be a good showcase for your work and your future?
– Opportunity on online platforms is welcomed but I’m most confident my work is best appreciated when you indulge in physical buying.
What young designers need right now from fashion industry to grow up?
– Inclusion, visibility, partnership, and sponsorships at satisfactory levels.
SPECIAL FEATURE X VFILES
Define luxury concept nowadays in fashion industry in few words.
… is a reflection of expressionism in art.
Do you have interests regarding more collaborations with other brands from fashion industry?
– Yes, with key interest in DolceGabbana.
Do you have interests regarding collaborations with celebrities from music or cinema industry?
– Yes with key interest with Kanye West/ Pharrell Williams and Mel Gibson.
How would you describe your work process regarding your last collection?
– Very experimental and by far most creative set of clothing.
How fashion public relations agencies can help more the brands and what skills a good fashion PR should have in your opinion?
– Create conducive brand mergers and acquisitions
– Ability to identity, interpret and project brands vision
There is a person in your mind that you would like to meet personally?
Tell me about a recent challenge you faced while working on a project. How did you overcome it?
– Model casting
– I eventually subscribed to local and independent sourcing.
News on the way regarding your next collection?
What advice can you give to young designers regarding the sales?
Quality is quantity. The quality of work you put out has a huge impact on the sales.